.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Post-Expo Scribosphere Gathering

I'll post more about the Expo tomorrow night, or something, but I wanted to throw up a quick post to announce the details of the Expo gathering.

I was hoping to do it at the Avalon Hotel, the location of the first-ever Scribosphere meet-up, before last year's Expo gathering. A bit nicer, and also more centrally located for those who aren't at the Expo. But alas, I was too late on the ball, and they have a few other parties there that night.

So I decided to just go for the obvious and easier, if slightly more boring option. We'll be meeting at the hotel bar at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott, the main hotel where the expo is taking place. The name of the bar is Champions (it's a sports bar) and it is on the right side of the lobby when you walk in. The closing ceremony ends officially at 6 PM, so I'd say we'll definitely be there after then, but I'll likely be there earlier. I hope you all can make it! And again, even if you're not at the Expo, you are totally welcome to come and drink. Nay, you are encouraged to do so!

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your seminar. It ended up being the only one I sat in on fully because Saturday I volunteered as a gofer and ended up being the volunteer coordinator's right-hand girl. I had such a good time I'm doing it again today, so you may see me pop in and out of whatever room your in on occasion. Just know that whatever I'm doin gis really important. I know so because I have a walkie-talkie.

I will definitely blog on that as soon as I come up for air.

I'll try on the meetup, but I may be busy as hell. If nothing else I'll drop by for a little while.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kira Snyder said...

Hey there Joel -- something's come up and I will probably not be able to make it this evening. Have a great time, and congrats on the seminars!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Hope you guys had a good time. Would have loved to have made it, if I left NJ.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't make it. I really wanted to but I was busy and beat. I'll post about it tomorrow and then you'll forgive me.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home