.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Broken Record

No, I will not be listed in Guinness' book, or anything like that (though with my immense love for the liquid bread, maybe that should be a related aspiration). Broken records are just what I sound like lately, with all my excuses for not posting. Regardless, I must fill you all in nonetheless.

A little over a month into my work life, and I feel pretty settled there. So my aim was to get back to writing, blog posting, and other things that had been shunted aside during my transition. But then I began to experience a string of computer problems, unrelated to each other, on both my laptop and my desktop. Once I fix one thing, something else pops up within a day or so. I guess in brief it may be attributed to the facts that my desktop is getting old, and my laptop was cheapo and refurbished, and I used it more heavily than I had originally planned.

Regardless, I have solved many, though not all of the problems, and I'm working through the others, so hopefully things will be resolved over the next few weeks. But now I've found that I'm able to at least throw out a brief post to let you all know I'm still alive (in case you care), and have about 4 or 5 blog postings in my head, ready to go. I also have two articles that I need to write soon, both of which are fun and interesting. And I need to get back to the screenwriting, of course. So, hopefully I get everything fixed ASAP. BTW, if you haven't noticed my comments on your blogs recently, that's the same reason. I haven't been able to do much blog reading either!

Anyway, that's that, and I hope to be "back to normal" pretty soon. I hope you'll all still check in periodically and keep coming back once the blog is back in solid working order. I've been experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by! :-)

Until then, Happy Writing!

Tags: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Hey FJ, sorry I missed you last night. I swear I'll call you in a little bit...

6:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

welcome back!

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be glad you didn't buy one of those exploding Dell laptops!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

oh, man, i had a refurbished laptop. i had to refurbish the window after i threw it through it (i really have a melodic way with words).

4:53 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Joel...who?

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly!

Seems like the blog is on its last legs...

- Allen

8:52 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

I won't make any promises I can't keep, but I will say that I still fully intend to return to a more regular posting schedule.

But the combination of schedule changes and myriad computer issues has made it difficult. But I shall endeavor to at least get another post or two out today to indicate my dedication to my intentions!

And if I indeed fail to meet my intentions, I hope you'll forgive me!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Maryan and Allen, how about some blogside manners? When a guy’s down, in the gutter, being spit on, laughed at, etc, and has an 18k connection on a Pentium 1, YOU DON’T POINT THAT OUT TO HIM!


You blog about it on your site.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Sal said...

am checking in and hoping you can resume soon - you are missed

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home