.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Expo Wrap-Up (Part III)

After my second seminar ended, I headed over to the Pitch Fest being run by scr(i)pt magazine. It gave me a chance to briefly catch up with Shelly (the editor), a few other writers, and Zack, the marketing manager. And via that, I made some progress on those two surprises I promised you guys (but I'm still not revealing them).

Then there were a few free drinks at the post-pitch cocktail party, where I also had a really nice conversation with one of the students from my second seminar. (If you're reading this -- hey!)

But then it was off to the Figueroa for drinks with the extended Scribosphere family! At the certainty (it ain't even just a risk) of leaving some of you out (and if I do, please accept my apologies and chime in in the comments field), we saw Wise Warren (of course), Shawna, Chris, Neal, Jim, Kira, John, Trish (and roommate Andi (or is it Andy)), Writergurl, Bill, Sarah, and many others. Warren, Shawna, and Trish all had digital cameras there, so they might post some pics. Or if they email me, I may post a few as well!

I'd say about 85% of the people hanging around the Veranda Bar were Expo attendees, so even those who were not officially part of the Scribogathering came to drink and chat with us. In particular, I had a lovely time with Zack and Jak of the London Script Consultancy. They're cool, lots of fun, and certainly not shy about speaking their minds.

Also spent some good time with Chris Soth, and we had a nice chat on the way home. A good man and nice guy who knows his stuff. Check out Million Dollar Screenwriting, as I mentioned previously.

Lastly, I'll give a brief shout out to a few other of you fine people that I saw over the course of the weekend. It was really lovely to finally meet Liz, and catch up with her briefly. And there was also Bernie Su (whose TV blog address I can't find, or who has taken it down). Good to see you again, bro. I'm sure there were others, but my brain is still a bit fried! :-)

All in all, an awesome weekend full of good friends, good conversation, good experiences, and lots of free shit. ;-) Hope to see you all at similar events in the future!

Tags: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Fun Joel said...

Recover? What are you, some kind of old man Warren? ;-)

6:52 AM  
Blogger Unhinged said...

Tis Andi with an I. And thanks for remembering me, Fun Joel. That's a purty good remembery you have there, boozsh notwishstanding.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Lots of experience Andi! ;-)

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in recovery too...and like they say "in program", it may be a lifetime thing.

So Maziar gets a shout-out for the ride home but not CBS?

But worth every second.

Note for next year: sneakers, and I gots to be gellin'.

Thanks for putting together the last night shindig.

chris
milliondollarscreenwriting.com

7:11 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Chris -- you got TWO shout outs on here! And I did say "on the way home."

but in case it was unclear: THANK YOU CHRIS FOR THE RIDE HOME FROM THE FIGUEROA!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Cunningham said...

...and everyone lived happily ever after.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

my pumpkin princess picture is going up tonight...bwahahaha!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home