.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Screenplay Services

I've received a few inquiries about my screenplay consulting services, so I wanted to do a quick post to list them here. I will eventually set up a separate website for this, but until then, this should do the trick! I've done a thorough survey of the other options out there, and have aimed for highly competitive rates, on the low end of the scale. I hope you'll agree, and rest assured you'll receive top-notch, professional attention and service. I'm happy to discuss any of these options with anyone who is interested. Just get in touch, and we'll go from there.

So here are the options I offer, along with my rates:

"Studio Style" coverage ($150)
2-3 pages. Comments and evaluation of story concept and structure, technical skills, and commercial potential. Includes 1/2 hour phone follow-up. (Price is for 125 pages or fewer. Add $1/page above 125.)

"Development Notes" report ($300)
5-10 pages. "Studio Style" coverage, plus in depth comments and suggestions on areas for improvement. Specific comments on characters, character relationships, plot structure, tone, and/or budgetary concerns. Includes 1/2 hour phone follow-up. (Up to 125 pages. Add $1/page above 125.)

"Book-to-Film" analysis ($2/MS page, double-spaced)
4-8 pages. Analysis of film potential for an adaptation of your book. Evaluation of commercial potential, ease of translation to cinematic form, and budgetary issues.

Phone consultation ($60/half hour)
Discussion of comments from my reports and/or analysis of potential story ideas. Suggestions for improvement.

Proper formatting/retyping ($1.75/page of completed screenplay)

Note: All prices are for scripts in proper format, 12 pt. Courier font. Turnaround time is 7 days. Add $25 for 4-5 day or $50 for 48-hour turnaround.

My Qualifications:
  • 14+ years of film industry experience
  • My screenplay analysis has been trusted by such companies as New Line Cinema, William Morris Agency, Tribeca Productions (DeNiro), Walden Media, Summit Entertainment, Cinetic Media, The Shooting Gallery, Bristol Bay Productions, Maple Shade Films, Mandeville Films, Constantin Film, among others
  • Served as a judge at multiple film and screenplay competitions, including the Nantucket Film Festival screenplay competition, HDFest, and NYC Midnight Screenwriter's Challenge
  • Presented well-received seminars at Screenwriting Expos 4-6 (named Star Speaker each year to date)
  • Published articles in scr(i)pt magazine aiding screenwriters in developing their skills
  • Master of Arts in Media Studies, New School University, New York, NY


Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

joel,

i was wondering if you know of any places i can apply to write coverage? I have none right now due to the strike. I guess ill apply once the strike is over but am not sure where to apply. (i work at an agency and want some more scripts at other places but dont know where)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Janelle -Have you checked out LitCentral? I heard they were hiring. Also check out Editor's Guild. Good luck!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel,
Thinking of using your coverage service. Would like to know what is your opinion of these films
**resevoir dogs
**snatch
**hard boiled(dir by John Woo)
**old boy
**saw (first one)
**kill bill 1
**8 Mile
**Seven
**Zodiac
**Scream

10:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home