So here are the options I offer, along with my rates:
"Studio Style" coverage ($150)
2-3 pages. Comments and evaluation of story concept and structure, technical skills, and commercial potential. Includes 1/2 hour phone follow-up. (Price is for 125 pages or fewer. Add $1/page above 125.)
"Development Notes" report ($300)
5-10 pages. "Studio Style" coverage, plus in depth comments and suggestions on areas for improvement. Specific comments on characters, character relationships, plot structure, tone, and/or budgetary concerns. Includes 1/2 hour phone follow-up. (Up to 125 pages. Add $1/page above 125.)
"Book-to-Film" analysis ($2/MS page, double-spaced)
4-8 pages. Analysis of film potential for an adaptation of your book. Evaluation of commercial potential, ease of translation to cinematic form, and budgetary issues.
Phone consultation ($60/half hour)
Discussion of comments from my reports and/or analysis of potential story ideas. Suggestions for improvement.
Proper formatting/retyping ($1.75/page of completed screenplay)
Note: All prices are for scripts in proper format, 12 pt. Courier font. Turnaround time is 7 days. Add $25 for 4-5 day or $50 for 48-hour turnaround.
- 14+ years of film industry experience
- My screenplay analysis has been trusted by such companies as New Line Cinema, William Morris Agency, Tribeca Productions (DeNiro), Walden Media, Summit Entertainment, Cinetic Media, The Shooting Gallery, Bristol Bay Productions, Maple Shade Films, Mandeville Films, Constantin Film, among others
- Served as a judge at multiple film and screenplay competitions, including the Nantucket Film Festival screenplay competition, HDFest, and NYC Midnight Screenwriter's Challenge
- Presented well-received seminars at Screenwriting Expos 4-6 (named Star Speaker each year to date)
- Published articles in scr(i)pt magazine aiding screenwriters in developing their skills
- Master of Arts in Media Studies, New School University, New York, NY
Tags: script+consultant, screenplay+coverage, book+to+film