.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Chime In

As many of you know, I organized a big "Scribosphere Get-Together" after last year's Screenwriting Expo. I'd love to do it again this year, if there is enough interest. So chime in, either in the comments or via email to me.

  1. Would you be interested in getting together with a big group of Scribospherians for drinks?
  2. Does Sunday after the end of the Expo work for you?
  3. Unlike previous years when it was downtown at the convention center, this year the Expo will be held in two hotels near LAX. Would you prefer to meet up at the bar in one of the hotels where the convention is being held, or somewhere a bit more central in the city?
BTW, this is obviously open to those who don't attend the Expo as well as attendees. So let me know what's up.

Also, please do me a favor and spread the word about my two seminars on Friday -- I'm not particularly happy with the lack of promotion I received in the Expo program, so I can use all the help I can get! Thanks, gang!

Lastly, I'll again mention that if anyone wants to meet up during the Expo, let me know. I'll be around for most of it, except Saturday.

Tags: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

I'd be interested, Sunday works, and I prefer a hotel bar.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

hey joel,

i'm definitely interested in drinks on Sunday. since i won't be going to the Expo, the closer to Hollywood, the better for me.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some place with cheap drinks. If it's anything like last year, four days worth of lunch will have bankrupted me. I'd prefer Hollywood too just because I have to be up early, but wherever it is I'll be there.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Okay, so I doubt we'll make it that far east. It will probably be at one fo the hotels where the convention is, or somewhere near where I live (since I'm organizing it!) -- which means not much further east than, say, La Cienega. I know that wherever we have it it will exclude some people, so I'm going to base my decision on which area will exclude the LEAST number of people. Hope you all make the effort, even if it is a bit further away.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I'm down for Sunday as well, though I won't be at the Expo. Why can't they have damn day passes? Anyway, I'm open to wherever.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

BTW, I should add that I'll try to email you guys with the details, btu you should check back here, because once the details are squared away, I WILL post them here.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kira Snyder said...

Sunday sounds good. Not going to the Expo but the LAX area works fine for me.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude,

my sunday's looking pretty hectic, but if i can attend something it would prob be best either around the expo or around the grove area...

Allen

7:37 PM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey Joel,
I gave you a shout out on my blog for the get together and I wish you much success with your panel!
Scribe
A Sunday meet up is a great idea.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home