.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

New Article

The new issue of scr(i)pt is out. It features the much anticipated Pirates movie on the cover, with Bill Martell interviewing co-writer Terry Rossio.

On page 24 of the same issue, you'll find my article "Concept and Story: The Two Most Important Elements to any Spec Screenplay." Oddly enough, the article is about the two most important elements to any screenplay you write on spec -- you guessed it, the screenplay's overall concept and its overall story structure. I explore why specifically these two elements are the most important, and also ways to develop those two areas specifically.

Enjoy!

Tags: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

I'm gonna grab that issue. Looking forward to your article!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

Congrats on the article, Fun Joel! I'll be sure to check it out when I get back. I'm in Copenhagen at the moment (and for a few more). I'm excited to see Pirates -- it doesn't open here until Wednesday.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sal said...

Got the mag and read your article - good stuff, Joel, enjoyed reading it!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home