.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Fun

That is what I've had on my extended stay here on the East Coast. Lots of catching up with friends and family, lubricated by a relatively healthy amount of alcoholic libation. On the screenwriting related front, I got to catch up with one of the people I read for, over at New Line's NYC office. Among other things, we discussed Snakes on a Plane, and discussed an idea I have for the script I'd like to write after Hell on Wheels. It was kind of a non-pitch. He agreed that it has some decent commercial potential, and gave me a little feedback on it.

I had hoped to catch up with Joshua, but alas, our schedules didn't click (for the second straight trip) -- Joshua, we'll work it out soon, I promise! My apologies. But I was able to meet up briefly with one of my other readers, which was nice. Hey Ned! Good to meet you.

What else was film related? Well, lots of good little experiences to file away in the "general life" category, but not much more than that!

Writing-wise, however, I did have something else that wrapped up during this trip. For the better part of last month, I was working on a fun (again, that titular word) little freelance writing gig, and I'd love to point you all over to it. Answers.com is an information website that aggregates from a lot of other sites, e.g. wikipedia (and I believe also has original articles). As a promo, they launched an online trivia game, and I was one of the two (I think) content writers. The idea is that there are trivia statements, some of which are true and some of which are false. You need to guess if a statement is true or false. It was fun for me to write, and hopefully will be fun for you to play as well. So check it out: Blufr.

So that's it for now. I fly back to LA tomorrow morning and start the new job on Thursday. Hopefully, posting won't be too light at first, but it might be a bit light as I get into the swing of things over there.

Tags: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Joel. Thanks for meeting up with me, and thanks for the advice. Hope you have a great 4th.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi -
First visit to your blog... hope you have a good trip back to LA !

Amy

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home