.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Celebrating my Centoscribery

100 posts is a time for celebration, in my book!

So a bit of a "State of the Blog" posting here. I'm really pleased with the way my blog has been progressing. Steady growth of readership, ever-widening geographic circles, new and ongoing features that I hope others will like, and (I think) a contribution to a growing community. I appreciate the "scribosphere" and feel like a relatively ensconced member. So I take pride in watching the numbers of writers in it grow alongside the readers I find I'm gaining. I also appreciate the budding friendships I've made through this virtual-cum-real community, and the supportive environment the scribosphere has fostered.

Thus, as I list a few stats, etc, I hope it is a source of pride to all of you, as it is to me!

100 posts
5 ½ months since Post #1 (166 days)
16,000+ total hits (non-unique)
5 posts about the Enneagram
3 FFFJ posts (with another to come soon)
4 Screenplay Review posts (with another in less than a month)
and at least a little snarkiness (I'll let you search for that on your own)

So, what's in store for Fun Joel moving ahead? Well, let's see. There is of course the upcoming Post-Expo meet-up, and hopefully more such events in the future. MLee and I are steadily moving along on Hell on Wheels, so you'll be hearing more about that. I'll continue with the features I mentioned above.

Plus, I may have one or two bigger announcements to share. One about the blog itself, and one about something I may be working on that is screenwriting related, but outside of the scribosphere. Nothing like a little suspense to keep y'all coming back, eh?

And now back to your regularly non-self-congratulatory blogging!

Tags: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Hi Joel. New member of the scribosphere here (thanks for the welcome). Wish I could be at the Expo to meet everyone. My blog is still quite new and very much in progress, but I hope to develop it into something interesting to others who are not me. Meanwhile, I'll follow everyone else's exploits and enjoy the sense of community.

Have fun at Expo everyone!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Welcome again, Melanie! Looking forward to seeing it develop. :-)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being 100 Joel. Always enjoy settling into your cyber home for a little while so I'm looking foward to 100 more.

Suspense is good. Intrigued by what you'll do with the site.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Congrats! In tribute to your self-celebration, I present my own song of myself...a link to my 100th post.

What can I say? It is the gift that keeps on giving.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed your latest Script article..this time I started readig it and then at the end looked who wrote it, once again my favorite one

3:42 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! Much appreciated! :-)

Don't worry JD -- no plans to shut her down anytime soon. Only onwards and upwards.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home