.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kudos Around the Scribosphere

Well, either the scribosphere has some pretty good writers in it, or they're casting a really wide net over at the Writers Arc. I tend to think it is the former.

At least four members of our extended (and ever-extending) virtual community have advanced to round two of the Writer's Arc fellowship competition. So here's my congratulatory shout out to Warren, Shawna, Writergurl, and The Big Woo!

---

And in other news, the new issue of scr(i)pt magazine should be on stands now. For some odd reason, my issue hasn't arrived in the mail yet! I have an article in there this month about choosing good titles and character names. And I believe I should also have a very brief piece in the front section about the very same Writer's Arc I just spoke of above. The cover story (not by me) is about The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. And though I had nothing to do with it directly, it is produced by Walden Media, the company for whom I do the majority of my reading work these days. I've heard honestly wonderful things about the film, and hope it does really well for us!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh please let it be the former. Please please please.

1 in 12 is pretty good company, Warren. And 1 in 4 odds (albeit against presumably better writing all around) are not bad either for the next go. Here's hoping.

7:23 PM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Congrats to my fellow Round One survivors!

WHL, where'd you get the #'s info?

Good luck to all of us in the next rounds!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Actually, not to burst our collective bubble, but the registration numbers are between 1100 and 1800 (per the last e-mail they sent)...

So, if they used all those numbers, we were in a pool of max. 700 entries...

Still, I'm happy.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home