.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kudos Around the Scribosphere

Well, either the scribosphere has some pretty good writers in it, or they're casting a really wide net over at the Writers Arc. I tend to think it is the former.

At least four members of our extended (and ever-extending) virtual community have advanced to round two of the Writer's Arc fellowship competition. So here's my congratulatory shout out to Warren, Shawna, Writergurl, and The Big Woo!

---

And in other news, the new issue of scr(i)pt magazine should be on stands now. For some odd reason, my issue hasn't arrived in the mail yet! I have an article in there this month about choosing good titles and character names. And I believe I should also have a very brief piece in the front section about the very same Writer's Arc I just spoke of above. The cover story (not by me) is about The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. And though I had nothing to do with it directly, it is produced by Walden Media, the company for whom I do the majority of my reading work these days. I've heard honestly wonderful things about the film, and hope it does really well for us!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren said...

Regarding the Writer's Arc contest, I believe the numbers on this last round were: approx. 1,200 entrants, and 100 of us made it through to the second round. Next month, 25 finalists will be selected and they'll go through phone interviews and give five pitches. Hopefully, some of us scribosphere denizens will still be standing by then.

And congrats on the most recent Scr(i)pt article. Can't wait to check it out!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh please let it be the former. Please please please.

1 in 12 is pretty good company, Warren. And 1 in 4 odds (albeit against presumably better writing all around) are not bad either for the next go. Here's hoping.

7:23 PM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Congrats to my fellow Round One survivors!

WHL, where'd you get the #'s info?

Good luck to all of us in the next rounds!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Actually, not to burst our collective bubble, but the registration numbers are between 1100 and 1800 (per the last e-mail they sent)...

So, if they used all those numbers, we were in a pool of max. 700 entries...

Still, I'm happy.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home