.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Just Don't Let Him Give You a Watch!

Beats the heck out of me whether this is a joke or for real, but frankly, I can't say it matters at this point. Apparently, Christopher Walken is running for President in 2008 (heh heh -- Walken is Runnin'). See here.




Anyway, it doesn't really matter what his politics are. He'll just scare America into voting for him! Or as this letter that was supposedly written to him by a child (I also suspect this is a joke) calls it: "put the fear of God" into them.

(And by the way, for those who didn't get it, the post's title is a Pulp Fiction reference.)

Tags: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

It's a joke. Someone else set up the site. Still, pretty funny, eh?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

I knew it wasn't set up by him, but that didn't mean for sure it was fake (though I suspected as much). I thought it could have been set up by his "supporters."

What did you do, a WhoIs?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Matt Waggoner said...

Alas, 'tis a hoax. Too bad, I'd vote for him.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/walken.asp

9:10 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thanks Matt! I should have thought to check Snopes -- I'm always sending people to them when they forward stupid emails. Bottom line though, it IS a pretty funny site! ;-)

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home