.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Miracles of Birth

I am, of course, referring to the metaphorical births of various creative works. But they are miraculous births nonetheless. Thus, in this post, I'd like to highlight a few projects that have recently been released into the world by some friends of mine. I hope you'll check them out!

First off, my buddy Nick Weiss has just seen the DVD release of his directorial debut, the teen comedy Senior Skip Day. It stars a couple of actors I really like (though I won't tell you which of these they are). Still, they are: Tara Reid, Lea Thompson, Norm MacDonald, Gary Lundy, and Larry Miller.

Buy it at Amazon HERE. Add to your queue at Netflix HERE or Blockbuster Online HERE. Or just go pick it up at Best Buy!

And if you want a taste of his comedic sense, check out a short Nick directed, The Cat and the Blanket, over at Funny or Die.


Next, you're all (no doubt) familiar with the concept of the musical "mashup," yes? When someone deftly mixes and blends two songs together to make a single song that cleverly juxtaposes the originals? Well, my good friend Paul Davidson has recently started a website of video mashups -- both TV and film. Some very funny and clever little things in there. And hopefully the start of something great!

Please do check out CutUpTV.com, and forward the YouTube clips on to your friends!



Lastly, most of you readers of various blogs in the Scribosphere already know of and/or read Billy Mernit's excellent blog, Living the Romantic Comedy. But if you don't already, you might not know about his debut novel, Imagine Me and You. I have not read it yet, but it sounds entertaining, romantic, and cleverly mind-bending -- in the vein of Stranger than Fiction.


Congrats to all on their respective births. Guys, let me know if you need a babysitter, but please don't ask me to change any diapers!


Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello El Duderino. :)

I have just seen Nick Weiss' short clip The Cat and the Blanket. And I have to say that it is really cute and amusing. How the heck were they able to make animals do that? Well, aside from a few tricks in film cutting/editing, still this short film is quite a wonder for me. I like this short.


As for Mr. Mernit's new books, I have read a recent entry of him regarding his book tours. It was certainly a perfect time to read his story when I read it. Made my night. As for his book, I will be hoping that I might find it in a bookstore somewhere. (I am also quite happy to have found out that Billy was also a musician.)

As for me, I will be blogging more often this time, so I won't lose so many readers' interest. I just found out that not blogging for so long makes page views drop. Anyway, how are you doing? :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger mernitman said...

Thanks for the shout-out, D'rino!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home