.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Celebrating Dude-a-palooza



On March 6th, 1998 a beloved film was sent into the world. In the intervening years, it has grown into a phenomenon. It just shows that if you will it, Dude, it is no dream!

Last week, its creators were recognized for a more recent effort of theirs. And proud we are of them all. But truth be told, as I've already mentioned, I didn't quite understand No Country For Old Men. It seems very Un-Dude. It's aggression will not stand.

Therefore, last night I looked back, and organized a soiree, in the parlance of our times. I celebrated with a small group of friends in my private residence, man, ten years to the day after the film's release, so we weren't out of our element. There were a lot of ins and outs and what-have-yous, but I made it work nonetheless.

Themed costumes were encouraged, but all we ended up with were three Dudes (pictured above, with me in the center), and my Lebowski Fest bowling shirt passed between a couple of my special lady friends. We drank Caucasians (white Russians) and oat sodas (beers), but alas I was unable to rustle up any sasparilla for those with the whole cowboy thing going on. Yes, I failed in even that most meager task assigned to me. I was not an Achiever!

We watched the flick, and listened to some good tunes. But don't worry -- there was no f@&*ing Eagles!

I know I should have told y'all about this in advance so you could organize your own gatherings. But I'm sure that if you watched it this coming weekend, it would be about the same thing. It don't matter to Jesus, and it shoudn't matter to us either!

The Dude Abides.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tavis said...

Shit-- I forgot this was the tenth anniversary! I went as The Dude to a celebrity costume party not too long ago.

2:06 AM  
Blogger margottt said...

Hello! I just wanted to extend an invitation to a social network of Los Angeles Bloggers. It's a great way to discover new blogs and expand to new readers. To join click here: http://labloggers.ning.com/?xgi=5mcqS7g

12:32 AM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

I am not prone to jealousy, and I am seething with it now.

STRONG ME ALSO CRY, MR. HABER. STRONG MEN ALSO CRY.
.
.
.
B

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home