.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, March 14, 2008

And the Irving Goes to...

Purim is one of my favorite holidays. Most non-Jews have never heard of it, let alone know much about it. Though fans of Christopher Guest's movies may recognize it as the subject of the film-within-a-film Home for Purim that was part of For Your Consideration.

Suffice it to say that the holiday in some ways celebrates the hidden miracles in life, rather than the overt "in your face" miracles like splitting the sea, etc. So the holiday is full of frivolity, spoof plays, drinking, masks and costumes and the like.

In light of that, I'd like to draw your attention to THIS spoof video. I thought it was funny. If Juno won the Oscar, maybe Jewno should get the Irving?

Tags: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kash said...

Great video, jewno. Thanks, and happy purim from Israel :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

"For Your Consideration" is hilarious because the story within a story is based around this fairly insignificant Jewish holiday. Ha!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Well, I prefer "lesser known" to "fairly insignificant," but it's all good!

Happy Purim to all who are celebrating!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home