.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Settling

Not as in lowering one's expectations. Settling as in, I'm getting settled in to my new place. I hope to be back blogging regularly soon.

Haven't paid for internet here, but am getting access wirelessly pretty regularly from a neighbor. :-) Save myself a little dough each month. With the savings there and on cable (shared an expensive package with my old roommate, and have none here), it helps to make up for some of the added rent. And got some good deals on cheap or free furniture (since my old room was furnished and this one wasn't).

So once I get settled, I can get back to writing my script as well (which I, as usual, have fallen behind on), and hopefully make some serious progress on that. Plus, I have a second interview for a job tomorrow. I won't say much, not wanting to jinx anything. But send some good vibes my way. Could be a really cool thing, and I'm hoping all works out there!

Back to my regular blogging soon. Sit tight! And thanks in advance for sticking around.

Tags: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger writergurl said...

Good luck! I've got everything crossed for ya!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hey, congrats on the move. I'm going through the process at the moment, moving on the weekend, and scrounging around for free sofas. Christ, it's exhausting.

Best of luck with the interview!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Grubber said...

I was hanging around for the post meme beer!

Scriptweaver lied again didn't he?!

Bastardo!!! :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thanks folks!

Lee -- I had a sofa that I left with my former roommate, since I didn't need it in the new place (new roommate already had one). Too bad it's halfway around the world from you!

Grubber -- only people who help with the move get a beer from me! ;-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger lad said...

Joel,
Good luck with the job. Feel free to put me down as a reference, just kidding. I hope all is well.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Positive karma headed your way... Thanks for checking in... Am waiting with bated breath for your regular contributions to the Scribosphere. You've been missed. :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Does your neighbor know you're tapping into their wireless and do you know for sure that they aren't stealing your identity the way Spielberg stole mine?

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in your new place Joel - moved over Christmas myself, which had to be the DUMBEST idea ever, especially as I had a million unwrapped Xmas presents to hide from the kids on the way. I think I got away with it - Santa's true identity remains a secret. Though I have the faint notion my 7 yr old is just humouring me.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home