.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I Have Not Seen Brokeback Mountain

...but I was just thinking that the perfect song for the soundtrack would be Kris Kristofferson's "Me and Bobby McGee."

Yes, I know he wrote it with Bobby as a female, but then Janis more famously transposed it to (the seemingly more logical) male object, so when I hear his (original) version it sounds like a gay cowboy anthem!

And, for the record, I do plan to see the film.

Tags: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Hmmm... sounds too much like "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo".

1:24 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Uh... that sounds a wee bit sicker to me! ;-)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Have you seen the movie Me and Bobby McGee? An early 80s movie with Robby Benson as the title role who jumps off a bridge, ironically enough, because he is caught having sex with another man. Not sure who the female lead is -- I want to say Jennifer Jason Leigh but I will have to IMDb the movie to be sure. Anyway - looking forward to your feedback vis-a-vis Brokeback. Your view of Crash should be interesting, as well. :)

3:49 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

I love those little epiphanies . . . like finding that I can use IMDB as a verb.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

OK - I am going to sheepishly hang my head and say that I have everything wrong... FILM: Ode To Billy Joe NOT Bobby McGee; SONG: Bobby Gentry NOT Janis Joplin; ACTRESS: Glynnis O'Connor NOT Jennifer Jason Leigh. I think I need a nap...

5:29 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Oh my god, I think I just wet my pants. The good news, you might be able to get a job in the Bush cabinet, harvesthome.

"You're doing a heckuva job, harvesthome."

Jorge Bush

Sorry, just kidding!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

My wife saw it last night, said it was GOOD not GREAT. I do want to see it.

Funjoel, I've got chaos going on in my latest blog comment (a bunch of anonymous entries slamming on each other). How can I rid myself of them?

2:23 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

You might make a comment that you want to keep your commenters on topic, and threaten to delete their comments if they keep slamming each other. And then if it continues, go ahead and delete them! (Delete the comments by clicking on the little garbage can at the bottom of each.)

4:36 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Thanks, I'm gonna do that.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

I saw this headline:

"Utah theater cancels Brokeback Mountain screenings. Says it gives wrong message to young men and their countless wives."

(I'm at your site more than Anonymous and Spam.)

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home