.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Unrelated...

So this is not related to screenwriting, but it does relate to writing. Mine specifically.

That column I wrote about my experiences after 9/11 is out. For those who don't know, I'm a Jew, and the article is in Los Angeles' weekly Jewish newspaper, The Jewish Journal. Entitled "Remembering Sept. 11 the Jewish Way," it offers just that. So I can't say it is an article with universal appeal, but I welcome any of you to read it if you're interested! :-)

Let's all take a few moments this weekend to remember all the lives we lost on that fateful day four years ago.

Tags:

3 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

I read it online (although I live in Toronto, I like LA's Jewish Journal, especially the first-person essays, such as yours), then found my way to your blog. [NOTE: Neil, I didn't follow you here, I followed the link in the article!]

I think you did a beautiful mitzvah, being a shomer, and immersing yourself in performing such an ego-less act at such a horrific time.

It is almost midnight here, almost 9/11. I, too, will make it a point to remember...

Thank you for your lovely piece.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a Jew? Why the hell am I not notified about these things?

I knew you looked familiar. Will read your article in a bit...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glib comment followed by non-glib one. A lovely, thoughtful piece. Yasher koach.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home