.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Appropriate for my Western Script?




This is one of the funnier subscripts to Hollywood life that I've seen in a while. This article from today's NY Times talks about a guy who makes "Fine Art" by firing pistols at his underperforming screenplays. (By the way, if you don't want to register for NYTimes.com, or other free websites with compulsory sign-ups, check out BugMeNot.)

I was thinking it'd be a cool gimmick to actually submit a screenplay with bullet holes going through it!

(Hat tip to Martine.)

Tags: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you

a) Type it up so there are blocks of text missing in strategic places on every page, then get a sharpshooter to his those spots on the bound script, so as not to interrupt the read?

OR

b) Have the bullet holes remove important info that leaves the reader begging for more?

3:52 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

DEFINITELY the latter -- my aim ain't that great!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Scott the Reader said...

And to think I've just been peeing on mine (though I've saved a lot on ammo).

9:17 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

LOL! I hope you're doing that AFTER they are rejected, not before you send them out, Scott!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY, if your a new writer in search of an agent, marking the script with the scent of urine isn't such a bad idea. Just make sure its the agent-you-want's urine.

Predators have a strong emotional bond to things marked with their own scent, and it should at least get you a meeting when he subconciously registers the script as "his territory."





If anyone needs some agent urine, I know a guy.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Of course, if you could splash some Jerry Bruckheimer urine on it, it might ignite the guy's enthusiasm as well.

I'm thinking business opportunity here.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home