.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Will I See You at the Expo?

Just wanted to let you all know that I will, once again, be teaching at this year's Screenwriting Expo. I'm happy to say that the Expo will be returning to the LA Convention Center this year, after two (somewhat disappointing) years at a couple of hotels near LAX.

I'm proud to have been invited back to present my best-attended seminar from last year, "Effective Use of Flashbacks and Voiceovers." And I am also excited to be teaching a brand new, and timely seminar entitled "Writing in a Web 2.0 World."

In the latter seminar, I will be exploring what is unique about writing scripts for the web, as well as exploring the extensive opportunities to market yourself, network, and make money presented by Web 2.0 technologies.

I do not know whether speakers will be receiving discount codes, as we did in the past, but if so, I will certainly pass it along as soon as I receive it. And although the specifics are still to be determined, I will definitely be hosting my annual post-Expo Scribosphere Drinks gathering on Sunday night. This has always been a highlight for me, and hope it is for others too. Stay tuned for more details!

I hope to see many of you at the Expo this year! Be in touch.

UPDATE: You can use the discount code HABER2008 to get 10% off your registration. Enjoy!

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger wcmartell said...

Well, that answers my question.

I was going to ask if you were doing expo this year, and if not - did you need someone to host the Scribosphere Drinking?

But I guess my only responsibility will be to drink.

- Bill

4:44 AM  
Blogger Nlog said...

Check out Pavaline.com. It helped me with my screen writing.

10:43 PM  
Blogger rosy123 said...

Thank you for these good times on your blog. I am often at the station to watch (over and over again) these wonderful articles that you have shared. Really very interesting. All the best !

voyance serieuse gratuite

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home