.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, June 02, 2008

For My TV-Writing Friends

Just got word of this contest from a friend, and it looks like a great one, plus one that may close very quickly. So get on this ASAP!

The Fox-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest begins today, and ends on June 13th, or when they receive 1500 entries. There is no entry fee, and the winner gets $25,000 and a development deal!

Here is some relevant info direct from the site. Click through to get all other details.
The New York Television Festival and Fox Broadcasting Company have teamed up to offer aspiring TV writers the opportunity to win $25,000 and a development deal with FOX!

Enter the FOX-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest and submit your script for an original half-hour comedy series. One winner will receive a development deal with the network and a $25,000 prize! Up to 25 finalists have the opportunity to earn a first-look deal with the network. Scripts must be entered by uploading them in a PDF format on the NYTVF upload page, which can be found here beginning June 2, 2008. The submission period will open at noon Eastern on June 2, 2008 and will close at 11:59 PM Eastern on June 13, 2008. All submissions must be uploaded during this time period, without exception. The contest will stop accepting entries when this period elapses or when the Festival receives 1,500 script entries, whichever comes first.

Best of luck! I'd enter myself, if I wrote TV.

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to submit one, what the hell. Thanks for bringing this up as I wasn't aware of it.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home