.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Writer's Arc for Fall

Guidelines for Round 1 of the Writer's Arc are up! 5-10 pages due on June 30th. The stuff you must include:

Names: Parker Lam & Alex Mackenzie
Location: yard
Prop: card

$45 entry fee, and 2nd Round Finalists notified 2 weeks later. Be aware, as discussed previously, The Arc is trying a different approach for the Fall competition.

I'm going to aim for this one! Best of luck, everyone.

Tags: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not that I don't believe you, but where did you get that info? I've checked a bunch of times today and it keeps telling me to check back on june 16th for more info...

- Allen

1:45 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Maybe try refreshing your browser? I don't know. I go to the site, click on the bottom where it says "New fall fellowship guidelines - click here to learn more!" Then I click on "Round One Locations, Characters, and Prop."

Hey, I guess it is possible that somehow I'm looking at old info, but that is what I saw!

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the info too, thanks for the link, I hadn't heard of that contest before.

Quick question, if anyone knows the answer - is the location of the yard the only location you can use in the first 5-10 pages? Or does it just have to be one of the locations?

3:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

(Other) Chris --

I believe it's up to each entrant to decide how much/little to use the location and prop. My first entry last fall was all 10 pages in the "station" location. It worked for what it was and I made the first cut. I think common sense would dictate the more that the action is in the given location, the more successful you're likely to be. For what it's worth.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home