.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

An Ending in Sight

I'm not even going to say anything about not posting in forever.

But what I will say, is that there is an ending in sight to a semi-long running saga of this blog. The story of Sheila Hanahan-Taylor, formerly of Zide-Perry and currently of Practical Pictures. A quick recap first, and then I'll describe the approaching end. It all started HERE, when I quoted something that Sheila said in an interview on Done Deal.

Then over time, I found that a lot of people were landing on my blog following searches for info on Sheila. I felt bad that my little second-hand quote was basically no help at all for these poor searching souls. So I tried to help out. I posted THIS, asking for anyone who knew anything about Sheila to speak up and post about her. I figured that if anyone searched again, they might find that page. Well, that didn't help much.

So then, last October, I was at the Screenwriting Expo. I saw that Sheila was supposed to be on a panel and I thought I finally had a solution. But as I wrote HERE, that was not to be either. So I just figured I'd have to wait for another day.

Well, at the end of January I got a surprising email. The subject line read, "hey! Sheila Hanahan Taylor here," and apparently she had stumbled onto my blog. She was so friendly and we started emailing. I realized that we actually work about 4 blocks from each other, so we decided to have lunch and meet up.

Well, Sheila and I had lunch today and shared the funny stories of how I was searching for her and how she found me. We talked about people we knew in common, about the scripts I've worked on or read, and about the projects she and Practical Pictures have in development. It was a lovely time, and she agreed to answer some questions for the blog.

So once I write them up and send them over to her, we'll be that much closer to providing my faithful readers (and believe me, I appreciate your faithfulness if you're still reading after the myriad times I go stretches without a new post) with something they might be searching for!

Thanks for reading and for sticking around, and I hope to have the Sheila Hanahan Taylor interview up here in not too long a period of time!

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy V said...

Yay! I love the internet.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Grubber said...

Don't worry Joel, it's only a click to check, besides you have me beat hands down lately. Looking forward to the interview.
cheers
Dave.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I couldn't make it. My bday is coming up and it would be great if you could come to the par-tay.
Scribe

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home