.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Edward Scissorkicks

Faithful readers may remember a post I made just over a year ago about an adaptation of the awesome film Edward Scissorhands as a ballet.

Well, I just wanted to let you all know that it is finally arriving in Los Angeles for a brief two-week engagement at the Ahmanson Theatre. It will be up from December 12 - 31. Tix are $20-90. I would love to go see this. If anyone else is interested, drop me a line!

Tags: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lianne said...

I can highly recommend this if you get a chance to see it Joel - I saw it in London in January and loved it. Would be interesting to get your thoughts on how the material translates to dance. I saw it with a friend who didn't think it worked at all. However, she did sheepishly admit later that she isn't a big fan of the film!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

And while I am a big fan of the film, I know very little about dance as an art form. But yes, I still want to see it.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the film and missed this in London, but think Matthew Bourne et al are wicked so will be going to see it as soon as it makes its way back. Another ballet I can reccommend is NAKED by The Ballet Boyz which is totally awesome though I have no idea if it's going to the US or not (and yes, there are nude people! Nude!!)

First time I ever saw a ballet tho, I was disappointed and couldn't work out why - until I was on my way home and I suddenly realised it was the CLUNKING of feet that had put me off... I had expected them to float, as if by magic. Wot a girl. Over it now.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home