.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm Free!

As of Friday, I am free of Time Warner Cable! In short order, I signed up for Dish Network, and DSL through AT&T. And after both were set, I called up TW on Friday afternoon and dumped 'em!

I get the feeling that lots of people have been canceling (as well they should be), because they didn't even do the typical offer of free movie channels to try to get me to stay. Not that it would've helped, but still surprising.

And the best part of it all? I'm paying less, and getting SO much more. I had the most basic cable, without many of the "standard" cable channels. No Comedy Central. No ESPN. etc. Now, I have something like 200 channels, including many good ones as well as the basics, and I have a DVR! All in the same package that costs me less. I am happier than that proverbial pig. :-)

So far the DSL is fine too, though it seems a tad slow and I might want to upgrade to the higher speed for another $5 (which would still keep my total TV/Internet bill below what I paid with TW).

Anyway, hopefully back to blogging a bit more, and I have a few interesting posts coming up, so stick around.

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Enzio Pesta said...

I've been on haitus. Ok, so it was more like an extended stay at the sanitorium. Well, I'm back. So there!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Lucy V said...

Hi Joel. Does the US not get freeview, like in the UK then? That's about 35 digital channels for a one-off payment of about £40. Most are shit but the Beeb's extra channels are worth having and there's others that are good - UKTV History springs to mind.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I like this blog. Screenwriting is fun. And your first name is fun. It all comes together. COME TOGETHER! RIGHT NOW! OVER ME! Shoom-doom-doodoodoo-DOOM!

4:13 AM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Wait. You pay by the speed now?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home