.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Seek and Ye Shall Find (I Hope)

One of the fun things about having a blog is checking your hit stats to see such things as how people got to your site, and the search criteria people used at various search engines.

In most cases, I like to think that the people who get to Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog via a keyword search end up finding the information they were looking for. For example, common searches that I hope are at least somewhat helpful are those for information on The Constant Gardener or Fanboys scripts, Enneagrams, and character names.

However, one very common search that brings people to my blog, that I'm pretty confident is not particularly helpful, is one for Sheila Hanahan Taylor and/or Practical Pictures. Why don't I think it is helpful? Because it lands people at this post, in which I discuss the apparent prevalence of vampire western scripts that have floated around Hollywood. In it, I mention a quote from Ms. Taylor, taken from this article, in which she basically said she'd be happy to never see another vampire western script again. The problem is, all I did was quote another article that probably comes up ahead of mine in these searches anyway. So they come to my site and probably get no new information.

Well, I am nothing if not accommodating, and I'd love for these people to be happy. So firstly, I'd like to include a link to Ms. Taylor's (or Ms. Hanahan's, as listed there) IMDB page (even though I'm certain that people will find that first too).

Beyond that, however, I'd love it if any of you have any relevant information about her, or her company. I understand she is an associate producer on Final Destination 3, which presumably accounts for the recent jump in such searches. But if any of you have other information, please post it in the comments below. Then, hopefully, the next time someone searches for her and comes to my blog, they won't be disappointed!

Thanks (on my behalf, and that of the searchers)!

Tags: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger taZ said...

Sheila Hanahan Taylor born:
10 August 1969, USA (age 36)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was doing research on a coming of age ghost genre story I am doing and came across a quote from a Hollywood Producer who says he'd be happy to never ever see another ghost story come across his desk, but I am hoping he'll be fired by the time I'm done

3:36 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thanks Taz! Of course, that's on her IMDB page too. ;-)

9:07 PM  
Blogger taZ said...

Yes I know =), but one klick is better than two klicks.

Then, I find this interview at Done Deal very interesting:
http://www.scriptsales.com/StephanieSheliaInterview.html

12:58 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yes, Taz, it is. Hence the reason I quoted it in the first place! ;-)

1:11 AM  
Blogger deepstructure said...

lol quill!

and taz, one click is better than two - and making a url link is better than having to highlight, cut and paste!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Morris said...

So thats where my rubber chicken went!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

5:19 PM  
Blogger taZ said...

deepstructure, you're absolutely right!

Of course in Firefox, I just highlight and drag to the tab board.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Well folks... I tried! Looks like my readers simply don't have much to say on the matter. Maybe Ms. Taylor will find this and chime in herself!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home