.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, April 17, 2006

More on Unshootables

I'm in the middle of trying to catch a few writing deadlines, so I can't post for long right now, but I didn't want to leave you all totally hanging. So instead I wanted to follow up on my post from last week about writing description into scripts that cannot be seen or heard.

I actually posted about this very topic at least once before, HERE. In that post I mentioned that there were certain times when it was okay to break the rules, as long as it doesn't become a rule, and it serves a good purpose.

In the last couple of days I've discovered that a few of the luminaries of the Scribosphere have weighed in on this very topic as well. So to further the discussion (though I think most of the opinions are generally the same, with simply better examples and the like), check out the following:

John August - "Writing what can't be shot"
Alligators in a Helicopter - "Not Overdescribing, and Trusting Your Reader/Audience"
The Inside Pitch - "The Forbidden Zone"

Let me also take this opportunity to point you over to Christopher Lockhart's new blog (hat tip to Warren): The Inside Pitch. It is brand spanking new, and is excellent so far. I guarantee this blog will be required reading for many of you in the months and years ahead. Lockhart is the Executive Story Editor at ICM, and a founder (I believe) of the awesome TwoAdverbs.com, which is also worth checking out.

Okay, back to work with me!

Tags: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Found Lockhart's blog yesterday and already linked to it on mine. Expecting good stuff on that one.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home