.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, April 07, 2006

For My Jewish Readers

(Others will hopefully enjoy as well.)

So, Passover is coming next week, and I have two Passover related items to post about. One is an article I've written that is appearing in the current issue of the Los Angeles Jewish Journal. It is about non-traditional seder foods, and includes three recipes. Any of you, Jewish or not, who enjoy cooking might want to check it out.

I've been making my own seder for about eight years now (though I ironically will not be making one this year), and I never really enjoyed cooking the "same old" foods. So I've always experimented with other good dishes that still remain within the bounds of what is kosher for Passover. The article is HERE.


Also related to food, eating, seders, and Passover, the film When Do We Eat? is about to open this weekend, in a platform release. I saw the film a number of months ago, and I really enjoyed it. Plus I have a few friends who were involved with it (one has a song over the closing credits, and a few others appear in a scene or two). It is not the greatest film ever made, but it is definitely a fun and funny film, that should appeal to Jews and gentiles alike. Here is some info that I'm simply cutting and pasting from an email I received from my friend:


From the director:

First, a mighty THANKS to all the folks who are spreading the buzz about WHEN DO WE EAT? Our website is currently receiving 40,000 hits/day....

Friends in the LA area can join us on Saturday, April 8 at the Music Hall in Beverly Hills for the 7:30ish screening (exact time and ticket purchase info will be available at www.laemmle.com in the next couple of days) followed by drinks at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills.

Theater locations for first (April 7) and second (April 21) wave cities available at www.thinkfilmcompany.com/schedule/films/when/

Latest news at www.whendoweeat.com/news...

Click here for theaters showing WHEN DO WE EAT?

So, check it out! It has something of the tone and style of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and it features the inimitable Jack Klugman! Enjoy.

And now, for both the above reasons, it is time to eat!

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betayavon

- Allen

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home