.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another Good Offer

I've only recently come across Emily Blake's blog, but I did want to publicize a great offer she has made over there. For a mere $50 ($30 for a teleplay or short), Emily will proofread your script for "grammar, punctuation, and comprehension" (that last one is going to present some interesting challenges, I'm sure). This is not an offer of coverage or comments, just a readthrough for technical linguistic flaws.

You all know how frustrated us readers get when we see these things, and how amateurish such errors can make you seem. So this is money that is wisely invested. I have no idea how good a proofreader Emily is, but she is a high school teacher, so I've got to assume (and hope) that she knows her stuff. I've also done this sort of thing on occasion, and it is tedious work, so be thankful that she's offering the service, and at a very reasonable rate.

Tags: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger taZ said...

What would we/I do without you? Thanks for updating us!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Emily Blake said...

Thanks, honey! (I'm a Southern girl.) And I should also mention that I used to be a copy editor. I obsess over grammar.

6:01 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Correction: You all know how frustrated WE readers get ---

You get that one for free.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Emily -- y'all are welcome, honey.

MaryAn -- mea culpa, but I knocked that post out quickly, and I NEVER stand by the grammar of these posts. I don't write them the way I write articles or scripts. I just let 'em spew forth. ;-)

8:53 AM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Spew forth! Like a fresh beer?

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home