.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Seeing the Sun

So, you all remember that when it rained, it poured for me. But the sun is breaking through the clouds.

First of all, looks like I've found myself an apartment to move into. Main con: $200 more per month in rent. Minor cons: the fact that I have to move at all, and the fact that I'll have to buy myself some furniture (my current, subletted place came furnished). Pros: Still relatively inexpensive for this city and neighborhood. My own bathroom, instead of a shared one with the roommate. Somewhat nicer apartment than I have currently. Outdoor patio (this is huge for me, since my current place has no outdoor space and I will be out there all the time, working, having coffee, smoking my cigars, BBQing, etc). And only 3 blocks away from here, so an easy move.

If anyone in LA is getting rid of a desk, bed, or bookcase and wants to unload it on me, let me know!

Work situation is not much different (i.e. nothing really new to report), but regular reading work has not slowed down very much this month, thankfully. A bit, but not as much as in previous years, thankfully. And though still not as much as I'd like, I have remained relatively focused on the writing and productive.

I'm aiming to get my first draft of Hell on Wheels done by the beginning of next week, and then take the following week to do a polish/tweaking. Then I'll solicit feedback for a few weeks. During that period, I'll work on rewriting the D2DVD horror script I wrote, and then get back into a serious rewrite on HoW. Though that still leaves the comedy to get a full-on rewrite, I'm hoping that at least two of the scripts will be in decent shape by mid-to-late February.

So that's where things stand with me for now. Just like the weather here in LA, it is getting sunnier once again!

Tags: ,

(And that was with a lower case "s" and "l" -- not a reference to Warren's blog!)

5 Comments:

Blogger R. K. Bentley said...

If you're looking for furniture check out Ikea. I've had good success with their prices.

Either that or wait until colleges get out, students leaving furniture out on the curb happens a lot...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Congrats Joel!! I'm totally happy for you. When's the first BBQ ;) I need a new desk, so if I happen to go find one, I'll pass mine along to you gladly. My guess is you'll find one before that. Check Craigslist though...I got some great deals when I moved here.

3:14 AM  
Blogger taZ said...

Congrats!

Yea, definitely check IKEA! (Swedish, but I'm not a nationalist)...

If I lived in LA who knows, I have a bunch of furniture and stuff in my storage room.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

I'm glad things are looking up! :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thanks, Everyone! And it even seems like the furniture situation is working out (via an email to my friends).

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home