.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Few More

I hope y'all find that last post helpful, and to all who thanked me, you're totally welcome.

I have a few more to add, based on comments below, emails I received, and a bit more scribospherical trawling. Of course, if anyone has any others I've missed, feel free to chime in again.

Also, I should say that I plan to update my links in the sidebar in the not-too-distant future. Some of the links in these two posts will be added. But I'm also probably going to remove a few of the less active (or completely inactive) blogs that I currently have up there. So, let this be your fair warning! ;-) As Shawna likes to say, "Post or you're toast."

Anyway, here's a few more:

I don't know about you, but I'm impressed with how many of us are doing this!

Tags:

12 Comments:

Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Thank you very much, Joel. You're a mensch.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Dave Olden said...

I gotta say thanks, too, man. (The reason it took so long to say thanks is that, well, my comment got caught in the wake of other procrastifying.)

"You're a mensh." ?

Yes, and I second that.

(Bows)

DaveO

11:05 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

My pleasure guys. And Dave, I'll assume you know what a mentsch (I love the way we each spelled it differently) is, but if not, you should learn -- anyone working in this town can benefit from a generous sprinkling of Yiddish in their speech patterns! So don't be a schmuck, okay! ;-)

5:36 PM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Would "Mozel Tov" be totally out of line here?

Thanks!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Writergurl -- uh, kind of! ;-)

Unless of course you were saying it to one of the other links! That would be cool. Mazel Tov is kind of like Congratulations. :-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ismo Santala said...

I almost called by blog "Making With The Golf Sticks"...

Thanks for the mention, Joel!

7:30 PM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Unless of course you were saying it to one of the other links!

Yeah... yeah.. THAT'S the ticket! Yeah, I was congratulating the OTHER guys... or my yiddish sucks.

;)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Ismo -- I can honestly say I have NO idea what that means!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ismo Santala said...

It's a line from "Sunset Boulevard". Check out http://67.126.102.155/Weblogs/MediaWatch/archives/000168.html . Here's the relevant bit:

"Sikov also points out lines where writer-director Billy Wilder's European Jewish influence shows through: there's a scene where Gillis (in voice-over) criticizes his agent for being lazy and "making with the golf sticks" instead of working to find him a screenwriting job. Sikov points out that "making with the golf sticks" is much more Yiddish than it is Hollywood or film noir syntax."

Really clear, huh? ;)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Ismo Santala said...

Also, that pesky my/by typo might have threw you off a little...

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jennica said...

Wow, I can't believe I'm on this list. (I'm the Everyone Has Reversals gal). Now I feel so in the loop.

What a weird feeling.

Thanks, Fun Joel!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Okay Ismo, now I actually get it!

And Jennica, glad to have you. Come on back and stick around. And cool name, btw!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home