.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Hands Across the Scribosphere

My version of Hands Across America.

This post is all about sharing the love, spreading the links. I am admittedly a bit stingy with my sidebar links. It isn't at about being all elitist or anything. Really it is just that I feel that the value of any single link is diminished as you add more, so I just try to highlight the links that I particularly appreciate for one reason or another. Plus, as with the blog, I try to keep my links screenwriting-and-film-centric. I hope no one is offended if I don't link to them, but that's also why I'm adding this post.

I wanted to link to as many (even slightly) screenwriting related blogs that I've come across in my scribospherical travels. A number of these are long overdue for an add to the sidebar, and I simply haven't gotten to it yet. Others may never make it, but it doesn't mean I don't love 'em! Some post regularly, some rarely. Some are new, some are old. And some are only mildly related. But I invite you to peruse them all and see which you like.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, so if you're not included, please leave a comment below so I'll know. I'm also not including those already in my sidebar. I assume you've already checked all of those out! That being said, here we go:


That's what I've got for now. Wow! And tell 'em Fun Joel says Hi!

Tags:

15 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

danke schon! with great power comes great responsibility

6:36 AM  
Blogger DDog said...

Very cool, Joel. I appreciate the mention.

7:44 AM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Dang, I didn't make the cut!

(Course I don't link anybody. It's not cause I don't want to, it's cause I dunno HOW!)

Sigh, it sucks to be a techno dummy.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout-out bro'.

also, WILL visit them ALL...

chris
milliondollarscreenwriting.com

10:24 AM  
Blogger Dave Olden said...

Thanks for the hookup, FJ.

Now, back to fiddling with margin settings in Final Draft. (This is real writing. Sorta. Well, figuratively. Er, it's like setting the table for when all the writing shows up for the dinner party...) ... (yeah, that's the ticket. Dinner Party for words.)

Hey, it's late.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Whooty Whoot Whooten.

Now when's the post with all the agents and producers with wads of cash?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Robert Hogan said...

Thanks for the mention bro. I can only aspire to do what FunJoel has done, entertain all and educate a few.

Rob

10:25 PM  
Blogger Konrad West said...

Heck, do you really read all of those? Wow, I'll have to slack off at work tomorrow and go through the list.

And thanks for the link! You're on my list of to-add blogs, but WordPress chucks a tantrum everytime I try to import my reading list from Google Reader. ;(

1:26 PM  
Blogger Melville said...

Thanks for the mention, El Duderino, Sir. Keep up the great work!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Warren -- I've only recently come across a few, but I was earching around, trying to be comprehensive!

Konrad -- no, truth be told I don't read all of these. But I usually at least glance at them. There are a few on here that I just discovered as I was writing these two posts. But the bulk of them I have on RSS feeds (if you don't have an RSS feed for your vlog, and/or don't know what it is, FIND OUT and GET ONE!). So I'll usually know if there is something new. Then I'll at least glance. If it looks interesting I'll read, and if it doen't, I delete.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Martine said...

Thanks and merci beaucoup for the link!

I've been reading blogs via my RSS reader (Bloglines) so my blogroll doesn't reflect my daily reading (you're in there!).

6:45 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Martine --

You're welcome. De rien.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Seriously, this scribosphere is starting to expand. And they say the universe is contracting...ha!

I'm gonna have to figure out a way to separate the wheat from the chaff in my blogroll too...it's getting mighty hard to keep track of all the links...

11:02 AM  
Blogger freeepeace said...

Hey Joel! this is a great list. Thanks for the inclusion. I'm honored. Lots to come this year in the world of J2P.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Les Becker said...

Thanks for the extra plug, Joel! It's much appreciated.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home