.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

About 3/4 of an hour in, and I'm already wishing you a good one!

I'm thankful for the community that I've grown to be a part of, via this blog, and the ever-expanding scribosphere. Thank you to the approximately (unique) 150 or so of you who visit the blog each day (and no, I know that's not the same 150 or so each day, and yes, that's not completely accurate, since it does get consistently lower each weekend day). Thanks to those of you who logged in on my big-hit days (significantly more than 150), most prominently the day or two that followed Expo.

Thanks to all of you who have commented on the blog, and/or asked me questions here or via email. Taking a page from Neil's book, I'll also thank my very first commenter. Back on my very first post: Tamara. I don't believe she's posted a comment since, and probably doesn't even read the blog much. Which would make complete sense, since she has absolutely nothing to do with the screenwriting world. So I don't blame her, and would actually be surprised if she were in fact reading.

Thank you, as well, to all the other great bloggers around the scribosphere. I've learned so much from you as well, and have found hours of enjoyment while trolling through them!

Lastly, I'm thankful that I live in America, where I can say, write, think, do, eat, practice, exercise, drink, etc., whatever I like, when I like.

Thanks!

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

I agree with your gratitude for not only the blogworld but for life in the America, despite the many many flaws and lies and failures of the present time. I was also going to comment about Platoon and how I have absolutely no desire to see it again. I remember being totally unimpressed with Charlie Sheen and even tho I like the music, having "adagio for Strings" play while Defoe is shot seemed too "on the nose", telling us exactly how badly to feel. One man's opinion.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Yes, a day of thanks. And thank you for the great posts, keeping the scribosphere on track, and the continual great features in scr(i)pt magazine.

I’m a Gulf War vet, and my old unit is currently stretched from Kabul to Baghdad. I spent a Thanksgiving there, so I must tip my hat (beret) to them today.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

OK, You got me pegged. How weird is it that this is probabally the second time I've visited your blog; only to find ME mentioned in your post. That was a stupendous suprise! Thanks Joel! (and a thanks to annabel lee who had you linked on her's as one who RSVP'd to dinner, so I was wondering who the ONE was--haha). I'll see you tomorrow night Joel! Thanks again...I think I'll link your blog too.

**my word verification word "JBLZN" haha, sorta funny, like a license plate of an avid pot smoker

8:50 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Funny Tamara, and a great coincidence.

Martian -- Thanks for your service, brother!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home