.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Web Resources

I'm going to be writing a brief article for the online edition of scr(i)pt magazine about the various screenwriting resources on the web. I already know plenty, but I'm sure there are some good ones that I'm unaware of. So if you've got any faves to suggest that you think I may not be familiar with, please drop me an email or leave it in the comments, in the next few days!

Thanks!

Tags:

10 Comments:

Blogger Cunningham said...

www.flashyourrack.com

1:47 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Alright boys. Behave yourselves! I'm being serious here.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Haha, you have to love the scribosphere help.

Here's the best Enneagram site that I have found:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp

Great descriptions with Hollywood examples. Perfect for the screenwriter.

You've probably been there.

4:21 AM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Bill & JDC.. thanks guys! I'll go check them out! ;)

Joel, on the serious side here... there's a femal working writer (TV writer) who blogs at http://industrywhore.blogspot.com Check her out.. she mixes personal stuff witht eh screeenwriting stuff but still...



btw,,Bill & JDC... kidding! ;)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

A very special public shout out to the blog-less Ted Gasowski for emailing me a phat and fat list of websites on this subject. Now I just have to work my way through them!

Thanks brother!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I've been a member of zoetrope.com's "Virtual Studio" since 2000. In 2002, we had an in-person meet and greet in LA, sort of like you all did after the Expo. It was great fun. A couple of the guys I met at that party have since made indie films. Consequently, I've seen the whole cycle up close, i.e. given notes on 1st and subsequent drafts, watched actors' reels and given feedback about casting, visited the set, analyzed and given feedback on various rough cuts, made suggestions for the soundtrack and finally, watched the finished products at film festivals. That's what you can do with a free website and some excellent networking skills.

2:53 AM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Oh, JDC, see, thing is, I'm a face and smile kinda girl lovin' girl... so, the ta-tas... not so much. 'Sides, I got some decent ones of my own. ;)

4:36 AM  
Blogger Webs said...

I've found TriggerStreet helpful. No as helpful as it could be - the reviews are spotty in quality - but better than sitting in an outhouse, reading over your own stuff for the fifth time.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Ditto webs post.

TriggerStreet (which I'm sure you already have on your radar) is a great resource.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yeah, Trigger Street was definitely one of the sites I was going to mention, but I haven't had much personal experience with it, so thanks for those comments!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home