.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dropping Shorts in LA

I'm talking about the LA International Short Film Festival, of course, what did you think I meant, pervert?

Anyway, my friend Tani is looking for volunteers to help out at the festival, and there's a meeting this Saturday. As volunteers you work a 4-hour shift, starting from 12:30, with the last screening at 10:15. Then you get to attend a screening for free that day or the next day. She needs RSVPs for Saturday, and is also looking for pre-fest volunteers this Friday-Sunday. Here's the info:

Hey everyone,

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the LA International Short Film Festival (www.lashortsfest.com) taking place at the Arclight from September 6-13.

If you or your friends are interested in meeting great people and viewing films, we are having a volunteer meeting this Saturday morning at 10:00 am at the Arclight.

If you are unable to make it and are still interested in volunteering, please let me know.

I know some of you will be attending, please keep an eye open for me, I will be hosting some of the films and introducing the panel participants.

Tani

Tani can be reached at TaniDemain@aol.com.

Tags: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Joel -- I'm gonna be there. Not just at the festival... in it! I'll be posting about it soon, but check out their site, look for the shorts on Saturday night and the third one called "Consumed". Yep, da'ss me.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

That's great, Michael! Did you write the film? Act in it?

If I can make it to the Fest, I will try to see it!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I acted in it. I'm a writer, not an actor, but my fellow writer friend-turned-director cast me for some reason.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home