.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Lotsa Writing to Do

So just a brief "touching base" post. I have a new post I want to write later today or tomorrow about choosing a medium for your story. But until then, I wanted to update you on the various writing I have scheduled on tap.

I have until the end of this week to get my segment of Hell on Wheels done and over to MLee. I'm about halfway done with my piece, but after a small break I went back to reread the stuff I wrote that I was less than pleased with. Turns out (not surprisingly, since I'm always hard on myself), it wasn't nearly as bad as I felt while I was writing it. Just my emotional demons stepping up to try to derail me (and succeeding). So now I've been back at that, and feeling good.

Then after I get HoW out of my hands, I have an article on Titles and Character Names for scr(i)pt magazine due by the end of the month, and if I have time, also a different article for their webzine. Plus, I'm trying to finish up a short non-screenwriting essay for a local newspaper. It is for their issue around 9/11 abut some of my experiences living in NYC at that fateful time. That's also due by the end of the month, so I'm aiming to do that as well.

At the same time, I don't want to use up those 2 weeks of down time from HoW with all non-script writing. I planned and hope to use that time to work on revising the two other scripts I have that await such work. If I don't get those revised, I won't meet my goal of having all three scripts done around the same time, which is what I'd really like.

So, as usual, I have my work cut out for me! But by telling y'all it helps make it more concrete and makes me feel as if I'm somewhat more beholden to someone other than myself.

Tags: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

Hey.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I saw your comment and thought I'd check yours out.

Quick question: What counter do you use to monitor traffic on your site? I've been looking to use one but I have no idea which to choose.

Cheers
C

12:57 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

I actually have three different sites monitoring, but they all give different readings. Don't ask me why. I use them each because they each offer different benefits, in terms of ease of interface, free features, etc.

They are BlogPatrol, StatCounter, and SitMeter.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home