.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Links/Party

So first of all, I've added a few more links to various sections in my side bar. I'm not gonna highlight 'em all, but give a gander (how come you can't also give a goose? Oh wait, you can, but that means something very different and will likely get you slapped. Never mind).

Also, I've had a thought. Amazing, isn't it? ;-) No, really, I've noticed how interconnected the blogosphere is, of course, and have also found a bond with the others in the screenwriting 'hood thereof. So I was thinking, most of us live in and around L.A. Wouldn't it be great to have a little Screenwriting Blogger Get-together?! Or would that be a Blogging Screenwriter Get-together? Well, whichever. I'd love to put faces to the names of those of you whose words I read on a near-daily basis. Leave a comment here if it is something you think you'd be up for, probably in a nice laid back bar in my area (since I'm organizing). Don't worry, I live in a pretty central location. If I don't hear from all those of you who I think might be interested, I'll send an email directly to ya. Let me know! I think it'll be fun.

Tags: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure. I have a face that goes with the name.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yeah I saw that, but I think Morton is out in Pasadena, no? I'm in the city, kinda right in the center, more or less. Near Bev Hills (but not IN it, thank God! ;-).

10:40 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

I'm in. I always love a party!

11:49 PM  
Blogger JimMiller said...

Won't be able to make this one, but if you have another in Sep/Oct I should be able to make it. My move to the West Hollywood-area should be done by then.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are making me tear up. This goes down as Reason #4 to move to LA (I am adding to the list to present to the wife and I love the fact it is expanding). One day, mark my words (was that Shakespeare?) I will share drinkies and laughs with all you cats

3:54 PM  
Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

I think a blogger convention would be great. And those who have secret identities, lulei demistafina, can wear masks!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Yes, I live in Pasadena, but if your passports and shots are up to date, the border gate has been opened and the crossing less treacherous. I, too, can't make this one, but can also hit the next one - in the fall?

1:41 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Philip -- fair enough. I'll make sure to get my immunizations done soon!

I'm really pleased with this response. I've also emailed some others, and when I have a nice set of yeas and nays, I'll plan it out. And re: an upcoming one in the fall, let me finish one first! :-)

OK, back to the writing now. Have a good weekend!

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I join the party? I'm in nyc but I'd love to be included somehow, someway . . .

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home