.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, July 04, 2005

(Blog)rolling On

So I made a few changes and additions to my blogroll in the sidebar.

First of all, I added a link to The Blank Page, a group blog written only by WGA members, or those of affiliated guilds. It was started by Jacob Sager Weinstein, and focuses largely on business issues facing professional working screenwriters.

I've also added a new section to the links: "More Screenwriter blogs." These include screenwriters whose blogs I read with some measure of frequency, but who are not (yet) professionals, per se. Still, they are blogs that I enjoy reading, and feel they have insights and experiences that anyone could potentially learn from. So they get the "Fun Joel Stamp of Approval"®.

I had posted the other day about Andy Coughlan's blog, and that I had been considering removing the link. But now that he's posted a second useful article on the screenwriting side of things, and also tells me he's planning to do more of that once the short is done, I've moved him to this section instead.

Man Bytes Hollywood is written by David Anaxagoras, a recent UCLA MFA Screenwriting grad. He jokingly fears that his only contribution to the world of screenwriting may be the progress bars that are growing semi-ubiquitous in the screenwriting blogosphere. He wrote the CSS code. Personally, I'm impressed with his orderly scheduling.

My Back Pages' Kristen Havens has a keen interest in monsters, fantasy, and horror. From what I can tell, she challenges herself and takes chances, both good things in my book.

I haven't been reading Todd's Moviequill for long, but it seems like it would be particularly useful for the newer screenwriters out there. He has given a lot of thought to the LA vs. everywhere-else problems that neophytes face, and I think he seems dedicated to developing his craft.

Perhaps it is because Shawna Benson has been Shouting Into the Wind, but again, I've only recently begun to read her blog. Still, she's been blogging for quite a while, in relative terms. In addition to her writing, I find she has some interesting insights into the business overall. She also recaps Done Deal's list of remakes and sequels each month, which I think is a decent pulse of some of what is happening out there.

this savage art... comes from William Speruzzi, a fellow New Yorker (I'm a former NYCer, but once a New Yawka, always a New Yawka!). As an indie screenwriter and filmmaker, he brings a different sensibility to some things.

Finally, Neil Kramer over at Citizen of the Month has been added into my group of Other Writers. He's a screenwriter, etc, in L.A. and has some funny posts in a similar vein to Pauly D's, over at Words For My Enjoyment.


Oh, and Happy Independence Day, everyone! Embrace your independence.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the add! I need to update my blogroll soon.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very kind words, sir (small S on sir of course, or are you moonlighting as a member of a 1960s British rock band and forget to tell us?)

5:54 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Much obliged for the link. I added you last week. :-) Keep up the great blogging!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

You're all welcome. Glad to have ya! ;-)

10:28 AM  
Blogger William said...

Thanks, my man. Whenever you're back to la città let me know, Puffy's downtown for a couple of pops.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me. I'm learning a lot from your site (although I'm still trying to figure out that enneagram stuff).

3:36 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Neil --

It can definitely be a bit much to get a grasp on, at first, but overall it is a pretty logical and helpful system. Feel free to contact me with questions, if you like.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Fun Joel. I enjoy your blog, and also enjoy seeing your comments on my own blog.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home