.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Also Just Out...

The new issue of scr(i)pt magazine is now out (Wedding Crashers on the cover). I have two articles in it. On page 8 you'll find a short news piece about an awesome new philanthropy, the Screenwriting Museum Project. It aims to expand the acclaim and attention that screenwriters receive in the world at large. I'll be posting more about it in the future.

Then, on pages 24-28 I have "Kid Stuff" -- an interview with three different people involved with films made for the family and children's market. As one of the most successful and prominently expanding market niches, such films deserve a lot more attention than they currently receive. I interviewed David N. Weiss (Shrek 2, Are We There Yet?, The Rugrats Movie), Alex Schwartz (Executive VP of Production at Walden Media), and Tom Rogers (The Lion King 1 1/2, Kronk's New Groove, Jungle Book 2).

I hope you enjoy the articles!

Tags: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I subscribe and I didn't even put two and two together Joel...thanks for the articles

3:11 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Glad you subscribe! I've been writing for them pretty regularly for a couple of years now. Not every month, but most.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

My pleasure. Thanks for reading, Warren! And I will be adding your blog one of these days.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home