.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Word of Advice...

...for the novice screenwriter:

STOP HITTING THE SNOOZE BUTTON!

Now, then. I hate when I get out of bed, every nine minutes (who came up with that one, btw?), walk across the room (because I put my alarm clock there so I wouldn't climb back into bed), hit the snooze button, climb back into bed, and repeat this for an hour and a half! As I did this very morning. That's ten hits on the ol' snoozer. Ugh! Luckily I have most of today to write, still, so hopefully the day won't be a complete wash.

Oh, and while I'm asking odd questions: What is the origin of the phrase "now, then" as well?

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One solution that once worked for me -- two alarm clocks in two different rooms, staggered minutes apart. It becomes so annoying that it wakes you up.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yeah, that might work, except I don't live alone, and I try to wake up early. Plus, I already had a neighbor ask me to turn my alarm down once!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home