.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Traveling Scribospherian

Yep, that's me! I type this in the middle of the night here in London, and I'm only still up because I'm afraid that if I go to sleep, I'll miss my cab to the airport in the wee morning hours.

So first off, let me say that I'm heading to Israel tomorrow night (after a very brief stopover in Rome). So if any of you readers are in Israel and would like to meet up over the next week or so, please get in touch.

And on a related note, that's just what happened today. I was part of a really enjoyable (and potentially the first?) intercontinental gathering of members of the Scribosphere. That's right. The truly wonderful Lucy Vee organized the meet-up on my behalf, and I am indebted to her for it. It ended up being a group of 8 -- 6 with screenwriting blogs (including me), 1 screenwriter without a blog, and 1 other American (non-screen) writer with a blog as well. We got some food, had some coffee, chatted shop and not, and really just got to know each other. Was really a nice afternoon for me, and I hope for them as well.

In addition to Lucy and I, the other attendees were Elinor, Helen, James (whose film Severance I am looking forward to seeing, as it looks like a lot of fun), Potdoll (not sure if she wants her real name revealed), the blogless Paolo and Joyce.

Anyway, I'll write more about my trip in a bit, but for now I just wanted to get the word out about Israel. If you are there and are reading this, get in touch if you want to hang!

Tags: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lucy V said...

It was great to meet you too! I had a lot of fun yesterday -- you're very efficient typing it up already!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog last time. (I think that was a long time ago.) I am still pursuing my dreams of writing a sitcom. More likely than not, it's going to be self-produced, and might be performed and shot by April and edited in May. Not getting hopes too high yet, but it's really exciting starting to write again.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Glad to hear agood time was had by all. Next time, eh?

11:57 AM  
Blogger potdoll said...

Yay! It was fun and over far too quickly! X

12:37 AM  
Blogger Joyce Hanson said...

Hi, Joel. Thanks for the shout-out. I'm v. v. impressed by your quick turnaround time and tireless Weblinkage. Bon voyage & fun to meet you and others at our luncheon. I've had a privileged glimpse into the screenwriters' blogosphere! Happy Crimbo to all.

3:43 PM  
Blogger martin said...

Sorry I missed it, but contrats on surviving meeting Lucy!

PS Potdoll is her real name! happy holidays

8:59 AM  
Blogger Joyce Hanson said...

Hi again, Joel. I just gave a link to your blog on mine. We're doing a blogger brunch in Brooklyn on Jan. 20. Can you make it?

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home