.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Inspiration of Purpose

I met Lisa Phelps Dawes at last year's Screenwriting Expo. She has an interesting background, and used it to start ScenePlay, about which I remember being intrigued when we spoke. Feel free to poke around her site and see what she has to offer.

Anyway, I just got an email from her about a new Flash movie she made. It is a good inspirational piece, if you ever find yourself becoming frustrated as a screenwriter. So take a peek and find some inner strength. It's just a few minutes long. Enjoy it HERE.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Fun Joe, stumbled onto your blog and very glad I did. I'm an aspiring screenwriter and look forward to reading your thoughts on the craft. Looks like you have links to lots of great resources too. Great blog, keep up the great work.

4:21 AM  
Blogger annabel said...

That was quite lovely. Thanks for sharing it!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fungi!

I wrote a long-ass post on ensemble pieces on my blog in response to a reader, still archived here:

http://www.milliondollarscreenwriting.com/blog/?p=19#comments

You wrote a long insightful comment, and I wrote a (too) long response too...

...suffice to say, the best of them are united by their THEME...all the characters in all the story lines are dealing w/the same problem for which the movie is often NAMED...be it...

PARENTHOOD,
THE BIG CHILL...or...
LOVE, ACTUALLY...

Horror type movies often have an ensemble cast from which a lead emerges only as her/his compatriots die off one-by-one...vis Alien, and many other slashers...

AND...if you're doing a film about a safari, you gots to take a look at Red Dust, later remade as Mogambo...sorry for posting about other stuff under this topic, came late to the topic.

chris
milliondollarscreenwriting.com

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home