.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

How's Our Service?

Okay, so this short is apparently a few years old (2005 according to IMDB), but I just came across it now, and I think it is hilarious. 5 minutes long, a good concept, real act structure, good genre blending, and solid comedy. This is how you write a short, ladies and gentlemen! Well done, Jeremy Saville!



Tags: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The genre blending was exceptional. The way the Sprint characters came in and made it a much darker comedy.

2:44 AM  
Blogger James said...

Nice find.

Great idea.

1:36 AM  
Blogger annabel said...

That was great! I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back, but they maxed out the offers at $100. lol

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're a pretty hooked-up guy and I love reading you, buit I gotta ask: you know what happened to The Screenwriting Life?????

12:37 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

No I don't, Anon. Wish I did.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Team Brindle said...

That was way funny. I laughed out loud 3 or 4 times.

And i usually hate shorts.

Thanks.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Grubber said...

That was brilliant, loved it, my wife who endures most of the terror calls at home had tears coming out.

Many thanks
cheers
Dave

7:43 AM  
Blogger Ralphie said...

Cute enough, but terrible W. impersonation.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home