.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

You Know I Aim to Please

First of all, I wanted to thank all of you for your kind wishes due to my announcement yesterday. I really appreciate the support. Now I've got my work cut out for me! :-)

Also, I wanted to welcome all of you who are arriving here for the first time, due to links from other sites. There seem to be a particularly large number of you coming from Alex' page, so a special welcome to you all! I hope you will all come back for more visits!

Now, those of you who are regular readers know that I aim to please here. For example, you'll remember my long quest to meet the needs of those who came to my blog in search of information on a certain producer.

Well, I've noticed another common search bringing people here (and no it isn't all of you looking for the joke that ends with the punchline "Better Nate than lever" -- that joke is too bad and punny, and is not screenwriting-related). But in fact, this time I am able to be of assistance, without a tremendous amount of effort.

I keep getting people landing on my blog in search of the Brick screenplay. I have even had people email for it, once they found out I had read it. But the truth is, I already have posted the information these people were seeking, back in December. Still, it was a little buried in that post.

So, here it is. If you are looking for a copy of Rian Johnson's masterful screenplay for Brick, click on this link. It is on Rian's website, and is entitled the "Hey, Rian's giving the Brick script out for free!" page.

I encourage you regular readers to examine it also. I loved the script, and you'll also find some good and informative extras on there. The script has some annotations, and there is also a copy of the original novella that Rian wrote before embarking on the screenwriting process. It features new illustrations as well. You can learn a lot from this wonderful free resource. And thank Rian when you're there as well!

So that's how it works around here, see? You ask (or seek), and I'll deliver -- if I can, and if it is screenwriting-related.

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I'm not in your industry, but I figured any blog entitled 'Fun Joel's" would be a great read, and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I read Brick and was instantly blown away. Extremely visual writing. I'm not sure which version I read. I rushed out and purchased the DVD. Oddly enough, I've yet to watch it; the fear that it won't live up to the writing and the images it provoked in my mind's eye.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wandered in from Alex's and between the account of your gig and the very nice 'How Well Do You Know Your Writing?' post I've decided to add another compulsory read to the list. Ditto congrats on the gig and the traffic.

Also the background texture is looking completely trippy. Rad.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Thanks for the compliments. Though I can't take credit for the background -- that's a Blogger template!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home