.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update on a few things

Not much to say at the moment, but just wanted to give a brief update.

Got the writing group coming over tonight, and will receive some feedback on Hell on Wheels. I've told them that I want just the bad stuff (with maybe a bit of good at the end). Basically, I know this draft needs a LOT of work, and I don't want the constructive criticism to be adulterated. I want the truth. it will be hard to hear, I'm sure, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I'm a few steps closer now to the "good news" I mentioned at the end, two posts ago. Still nothing 100% set yet, and I won't say anything until it is a done deal, but I am hopeful that I'll be able to spread some good news to y'all very soon!

That's about it for now. Just touching base. :-)

Tags: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam Renfro said...

That's not writing that's typing.

Sorry. Thought I would just warm you up for the beating down. :)

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I can't wait for a reader to photocopy it, sneak it out so it gets circulated to the script traders so I can finally read this thing (wink) ha...

3:08 PM  
Blogger Emily Blake said...

How much you willing to pay for that opportunity, Moviequill?

Lots of potential in this script.

Still, I feel like with all that atention to the negative, we kind of ripped you a new one.

I liked the violence. Yummy, bloody violence

7:47 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yep, all, you got it. Emily is a recent addition to my writing group, and she's seen it. :-)

I got a kick out of your guys comments, OSM and Quill.

Em -- no problem at all. I did not feel bad at all with the criticism at all. I actually really appreciated it. I'm planning to put a follow up post later. :-)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home