.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Good New Research Tool

If I updated my sidebar links at all (been years, I'd guess) I would definitely be included this new one in my "Research Tools" category (and/or in "Stir the Creative Pot").

There is a new (to my knowledge) search aggregator specifically designed for creative people: creativesear.ch. Brought to you by D&AD, an educational charity connected with the design and advertising communities, creativesear.ch delivers search results from Google, Google Images, YouTube, Wikipedia, Flickr, Twitter and many others. And all in a visually appealing layout/design.

While designed (I think) for visual creatives (e.g. graphic designers), I can also see this becoming a very handy tool for screenwriters (and other creative writers) while in the research phase of a project. Try it out by typing in a search term at the top of the page, and let your creative juices flow.

Tags: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous The Last Reveal said...

Interesting news.

By the way, Google just announced that it will be launching an online store to sell e-books that will be able to be read in ANY browser, as reported in the article at:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=26051&tag=nl.e019

It says:

"Who needs an e-reader or a special app when I’ve already got the only e-reader/app that I need: a Web browser?"

Google said today that it will launch in the first half of next year an online store to offer e-books that can be read on any device with a Web browser, according to a Reuters report. Yup, that means e-book reading comes to the browser on your desktop, laptop, iPhone and probably even some WiFi-enabled handheld gaming devices."

So this eventually ought to shake up the e-book scene and maybe bring down the Kindle (and other reader hardware) prices eventually, if not make them obsolete without further enhancements.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long does it take to make a movie? Six months in pre-production? Six weeks’ shooting? Six years for a writer to dream it all up in the first place? How about 30 days? That’s the challenge a group of three young L.A. filmmakers have set themselves. Their aim is to make a 90 minute feature film – from initial concept to production – in just one month. Start date, November 20th, 2009. Here is their website that is documenting their progress day by day. http://www.30dayfeaturefilmchallenge.com - check out the current dream team in just 8 days. Challenge yourself, JOIN THEM!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Diane Drake said...

Nice Post! I am glad to be a part of this post. Thanks!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Dumpster Rental said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this latest information of this tool...This tool would be a great help for the researchers...keep sharing ....

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Movie Pictures said...

Really,Excellent Blog and i like it.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Online Pharmacy said...

I must admit you share a tremendous amount of information regarding that center. Personally i will take care of every single word that you had mention over here.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous fort lauderdale divorce lawyer said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm trying to find information on and this has definitely helped me in this process.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Learn Mandarin In Shanghai said...

excellent Blog..I really found some tips which really really help me....thanks

2:50 PM  
Anonymous generic drugs said...

Wow! This is very great post! Really very nice to this kind of read! Thank you so much for sharing a great post. Thank you for posting such a great stuff!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Restaurant Brugge said...

really nice post thanks

12:18 PM  
Anonymous web development said...

thanks 4 this post

12:19 PM  
Anonymous web designing said...

thanks 4 sharing this post with us

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Blue Pill said...

Its really awesome post...It really helps me,,,,,Thanks

3:45 PM  
Anonymous annuities said...

This is definitely fantastic! I’ve been spending an additional time reading your Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog because it's truly remarkable! I used to compose articles about annuities in my blog sites. This is actually a winner. Congratulations!

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home