.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Beginning Your Writing Arc

I've been meaning to post this for about a week now and kept forgetting. The Writer's Arc fellowship has opened round 1 of its contest. The deadline for applications and 1st round material is just over a week away: October 24th, with a late entry deadline of 10/31. So get on it!

I do not intend to enter, since I don't have any completed scripts (for Round 2) that I feel is in good enough shape. But I think this is an awesome fellowship, and you all should consider applying. I'll have a brief article in the upcoming issue of scr(i)pt about the new fellowship on the block, so look for that. But regardless, check out the site, click on "Contest" for info about entering, and get those pages written! And if you win, consider giving me a few of those $7500 (or is it $10,000, as originally planned?) as a sign of your gratitude for pointing the fellowship out to you!

Tags: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Fun Joel said...

Actually, it was originally supposed to be $10,000 (my mistake on the $20 K), which I will update on the post ASAP. Not sure if $7500 is the correct amount, or if that was the amount during the pilot, but I do know it was supposed to be 10K. Hmmm.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joel -

The Writer's Arc thanks you for covering our contest. As the Pilot Program was intended to "test the waters" and flush out what would be the best amount of time and activity for the Program, we have adjusted the upcoming January 2006 commitments and awards.
As this Pilot Program was 12 weeks and $5,000 we have since deliberated with the current Fellows to conclude that 16 weeks, rather than 20 weeks, would be the best length for the Fellowship. Accordingly, as the previous expectation was 20 weeks which garnered $10,000, now 16 weeks will award $7,500.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Yes, Rock, I remembered meeting him. Thanks.

And Thanks Amy (or Ami) for the update and clarification. Makes a lot of sense.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just looking into the writing arc fellowship... call me naive, but what's a "prop"?

Thanks guys.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a prop is an object

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home