.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

And Then There Were Two

As those of you who were watching already know, Mark and Shoe's script, "The Sperm Donor" became one of the two finalists on Bravo's Situation: Comedy. Of course, I knew that already, but I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too much in advance! ;-)

In all honesty, I thought the show was a fun watch, and simply watching those writers in the pitch room was an intimidating enough few minutes. Anyway, I hope you'll keep watching, and I wish my boys a ton of luck! They've got their work cut out for them. You'll all get to vote at the end of the season!

Tags: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Baked Alaska and On The Mark were better, but I am enjoying the show...

3:21 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Baked Alaska didn't really do it for me. I couldn't really get any read on that show. On the Mark seemed like a good pitch, and I actually thought it was going to be him against The Sperm Donor (since I knew Mark ahd moved on, and it was only a matter of figuring out the other show).

Then again, I know absolutely nothing about TV. I almost never watch it. My favorite example of how little I know about TV is that I was honestly convinced that CSI was going to bomb! ;-)

5:46 PM  
Blogger lad said...

It's a great chance for people to see how a pitch meeting actually works, including myself. I have no clue where some of these ideas come from, but I'm sure you've probably seen some more obsurd. "Sperm Donor" is a great title that makes me want to read the script!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CSI NY should have bombed...they are re-writing the characters to be less dark and moody for next season

5:15 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

It's a real shame actually, because I'm a huge fan of Gary Sinise's. Was hoping he'd raise the quality of the show instead of it dragging him down. Haven't seen it, but have heard some pretty bad things about it. Oh well. That's TV for ya! ;-)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We only saw pitches for the first rounds (from 10 to 5) and obviously, our heads were elsewhere when they were happening. You really got such a small taste of what the pitch was. We kind of knew who would be moving on to round two by their pitch but had one or two surprises. Of course, how they picked us is like a "black box." And the other thing very different about "real" pitches is that you don't have thirty cameras recording your every word. We had pitched before, but not like this. There definitely was a more relaxed atmosophere in round one -- there was so much riding on round two -- Now I can relive it anytime I Tivo. Being avid reality viewers, we definitely thought after Andrew and David were picked there was no way in hell Kevin Reilly would pick yet another team, espeically when he called us right after Andrew and David. My exhiliration you see on screen is 100% real.

Mark Treitel
check out www.marktreitel.com for daily and weekly postings about Sperm Donor and "Situation: Comedy."

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home